Monday, 27 June 2011

Chariots of fire!

Finally plucked up the courage to get on and finish my lion chariot, horaaah.

I decided to go with a more natural lion fur, as opposed to the usual white lions. I think white would wash out the other colours in my army scheme and make it all a bit wishy washy... orange and gold calls for something a little warmer.

So here we go, lion number one.

Having not painted fur or animals in a while I decided to print off some photos of actual lions to follow and try and match the colourations.

So far, this lion has been basecoated in Bestial Brown, then washed with Badab Black, followed by a mix of Bestial Brown and Kommando Khaki as another colour layer, and a wash of Devlan Mud.

I'm working on going lighter gradually. Another mixed layer of colour and another wash of maybe Gryphonne Sepia.

In other news, I've decided I don't like waiting for the washes to dry, and so have started my Lexmechanic, in my Sister Order colours...

It's the very first coat of colour, but if you can't tell, the robes are blue and then I'm working on rusty gold-y coloured metal work and very pale, possibly blue-y hued skin tones for him too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment