Saturday 22 August 2009

How It All Began.

From the start I'd always loved the Witch Hunters army. The whole lot of them seemed so epic and gothic, and the minatures are so detailed. I bought lots and painted them all up, the Order of Our Martyerd Lady. Life got in the way and they sat to one side, forgotten until about three months ago. I dug them out again after starting High Elves, and I was horrified.


So I sold all my old Sisters of Battle off. I hated them, eventually. They had a terrible paint job, a standard colour scheme and a thick coating of horribly shiny varnish. I could do better. Comparing my Elves to them was shocking, so I decided to start over. I recently came up with some background and a nicer scheme for them, much thanks to the Bolter and Chainsword Forums. I had been reading the Horus Heresy books too, which did well to re-fuel my passion for the Sisters, and 40k in general actually.


So I came up with this: The Order of the Merciful Tear


Once I've finished the background properly, and all the twiddly bits inbetween, I'll host that up here too probably... maybe. We'll see. I'm currently looking on ebay for some test models nice and cheapy, but they all end in a few days time so I'll have to see what happens with that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment